Woolyungah Indigenous Centre, Building 30, Northfields Ave
+61 2 4221 3776
1800 735 592
+61 2 4221 4244
Provider No: 00102E
ABORIGINAL EDUCATION CENTRE- UOW
'To achieve distinction in the education and professional development of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and non-Aboriginal peoples who will embrace and promote cultural diversity in the enrichment of all communities'.
The core roles of the W.I.C are to:
- Support Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander and other Indigenous students and scholars to undertake high quality undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- Develop curriculum for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander programs within the University Of Wollongong.
- Facilitate career opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous students and researchers within UOW and externally.
- Forge partnerships with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Centres at other Universities, with UOW faculties and departments and with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations.
- To become Regional, National and International focal point for research that meets the needs of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Illawarra, throughout Australia and our near neighbours of the Pacific region.
- Provide consultancy service and specialist advice in all areas of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous expertise.