Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the National Education Directory Australia (NEDA) website which is a web based education directory information service.
This Site is owned and operated by NEDA Pty Ltd - ABN 78 111 036 492.
All usage of this site, and persons who use this site, and the services provided through this Site (“Services”) is subject to these Term of Use (“Terms”). These Terms & Conditions apply to all education representative Users of this Site (“You”).
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully. You should print or make an electronic copy of the Terms for your records.
By using this site you are entering into a binding contractual relationship with us and hereby agree to these Terms. If we amend the Terms in any material way, we will post a notice on this Site. Your continued use of the Site will signify your acceptance of the change in the Terms. The current version of the Terms & Conditions will normally be available for your reference from a link at the bottom of the home page of this Site.
The following definitions shall apply to the Terms & Conditions:
(a) “Authorised Representative” means any director, officer, employee, agent, or other representative of your assigned educational facility that you are or were employed at time of signing ongoing contract agreements;
(b) “Person” means any individual, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or any other legal or commercial entity; and
(c) “User” means any other Person using this Site.
(d) an “Education Member Client” are all of those persons as termed in this section above of (a), (b) &
(c), as herein of this agreement of our terms and conditions, who authorize and or/ on behalf of, make payment of, for an advertisement be it for a featured listing, banner leaderboard or any other advertising placement with The National Education Directory of Australia.
(e) a “Leaderboard” is a popular type of banner advertisement. Internet based leaderboards are thought to offer advertisers a prominent position on a website without intruding on content.
The “skyscraper”, is a vertical banner usually placed to the right of page content.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SITE
This Site is intended to provide an Education Directory Information service to allow you or further authorized representative parties to add and include your education institutions information to create public awareness and knowledge about your education facility listed with all the Australian and New Zealand education institutions who choose to promote online with the National Education Directory to gain maximum exposure and to increase traffic enrolment enquiries.
Education Member Clients representatives enter into an agreed contractual obligation when subscribing to advertising services with the NEDA online education portal.
Education Member Clients representatives enter into a further contractual agreement to supply the correct up to date information for the advertising promotion of the education facility of which they are duly authorized to represent that will be viewed live online with the National Education Directory service.
3. ELECTRONIC MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENTS, NOTICES, COMMUNICATIONS, AND ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES
You agree you are bound by any affirmation, assent, or agreement you transmit through to our National Education contact addresses, including but not limited to any consent you give to receive communications from us solely through electronic transmission. You agree that, when in the future you click on an “I agree,” “I consent” or other similarly worded “button” or entry field with your mouse, keystroke or other device, your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature.
4. OUR POLICY MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL CONDITIONS
When advertising renewal subscriptions fall due each year, all Education Member Clients will be notified that the renewal due date is coming due. All relevant renewal information will be sent by email to the nominated address, a hard copy fax, and a follow up telephone call to make sure all renewal information has been received.
The Education Member Client representatives must give due attention to these renewals and agree to respond to their assigned National Education Customer Service representative before or by the renewal due date, as per the signed membership contract/s state, falls due.
This is the time for all clients to update media feature subscriptions and/or banner placements to update graphics and links for another 12 month subscription period.
Once a media feature goes live, and/or renewal forms have been updated and returned, and /or email renewal responses have been received, and/ or rollover terms have been implemented for a subscription period, payment is required in full and no refunds will be given.
You can cease your membership feature at any time during your subscription period, but will forfeit refund of any portion of the payment for your agreed yearly contract agreement.
How to Cancel?
Cancellations can be made by the assigned Education School Client representative and is required to inform their respective customer service representative or Account Manager in writing by emailing our Head Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations will not be accepted by telephone or answer machine messages.
Notification of cancellation must to be in writing and received before or by no later than the close of business on the renewal due date coming due to inform National Education to cease any online publication or banner advertisements.
Failure to respond to your NEDA representative within due time will result in your membership publication defaulting and automatically rolling over into a new 12 month subscription period as per the last signed ongoing contract agreement, and will also apply to the following:
- By failing to return your renewal agreement,
- Electronic agreements made in email communications of membership terms
- Payment received for continuation of previous year’s agreement of service with NEDA.
Until at such times as National Education receives cancellation in writing by due times online advertisement service rollover terms will be implemented. This includes all featured media listings, and/ or a leader board banner advertising features.
Invoices for payment are sent, when:
- Signed agreements for new publication features have been received and the online publication has commenced ‘going live’, or,
- When an updated renewal continuation membership form has been returned to our service, or,
- When a cancellation notification has not been received by the due date and default rollover terms have commenced, or,
- a renewal form has not been returned for the prior year’s subscription period and payment was and continues to be processed for the last current year and proceeding years to follow as further acknowledgement of the Education Member Clients continuation of membership and rollover terms with our service, or
- When failing to return an updated renewal form does not constitute a cancellation of service until we have received written notification of such by the due date.
Payments for online advertising memberships are to be made as follows when:
- No later than 14 days after receiving an invoice for new media listing memberships commencing ‘going live’, and/or
- For continuation of existing media listing memberships renewals being received within due time, and/or
- All media advertisements and featured listings that do not advise us within due time by written notification to cancel their service once they fall past their renewal due date and rollover terms have been implemented, and /or
- An updated renewal form has not been returned for the prior year’s subscription period and payment continues to be received and processed accepting membership for the continuation from the last signed membership form to the current and proceeding years to follow as further acknowledgement of the Education Member Clients continuation of membership and rollover terms with our service, until such times as we receive written notification to cease such membership, or,
- Failing to return an updated renewal form within due time or whilst in rollover commencement mode does not constitute a cancellation of service until The National Education Directory service is informed in writing within the due time. If cancellation is requested in writing it will then take affect for any media advertisement at the beginning of the next financial subscription year period. We can delete your media advertisement entry before such times if requested further, but payment will still be required for your rollover subscription period.
Invoices for Banner leaderboard advertising placements with The National Education Directory of Australia are to be paid in full upon commencement of any banner placement and rollover implementation, and or when:
- A leaderboard banner renewal falls overdue, and no notification has been received within due time by the due renewal date to cancel our service and rollover terms have been implemented for another year
- An updated renewal form that has not been returned for the prior year’s subscription period and payment continues to be received and processed accepting membership for the continuation from the last signed membership form to the current and proceeding years to follow as further acknowledgement of the Education Member Clients continuation of service membership and rollover terms with our service until such times as we receive written notification to cease such membership, or,
- Failing to return an updated renewal form does not constitute a cancellation of service until we have received written notification of such within due time or before any rollover period has commenced.
Banner leaderboard placements are all contracted for an ongoing 12 month contract basis as these placements on the high density traffic Home page of the Education site are highly sought after for premium advertisers. These banner placements are not available on a month by month payment plan. Payment must be received for the full amount upon commencement of any new banner feature placement or rollover period implementation.
Only featured media listings have an option of making payments by monthly instalments for a 12 month contract period.
Late payment of all NEDA advertising accounts will incur a $15 administration charge for every month the account continues to be overdue.
The Terms and Conditions of the NEDA company and its services have been set out and duly authorized by the NSW Department of Fair Trading Australia (Tel 02 9895 0111), as the correct, fair and proper lawful guidelines in which NEDA will conduct its online business in order to protect its online operating trading services.